- This event has passed.
NUCLEUS Field Trip Follow-Up Conference
7th Oct 2016 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pmFree
The NUCLEUS project field trip visit to Nottingham in May stimulated an exciting discussion about the current and future state of Responsible Research and Innovation in the city and region and provided much food for thought. The field trip researchers were highly impressed by the knowledge, experience and commitment of the people they interviewed, while Nottingham proved to be the ideal environment in which to explore the relationship between RRI and public policy making. We’re delighted with the feedback we have had from the NUCLEUS team and on behalf of the Stemcity partnership I would like to extend my grateful thanks to all of you who gave up your time to take part in the programme and also to those who worked so hard behind the scenes to make the interviews happen.
The field trip identified a number of common themes emerging from the interviews including:
- Nottingham has a very positive culture of partnership working between its research institutions and public policy makers
- However if RRI partnerships are to realise their potential dedicated management is needed
- Nottingham has an opportunity to be a ‘living lab’ in order to test bed new RRI approaches
In order to interrogate these findings in more detail a follow-up conference will take place on Friday 7th October from 9.30am – 1.30pm at the Council House. Through group workshops and plenary discussion we will explore:
- Strengthening local partnership working
- Developing test beds for new RRI approaches
- The impact of Brexit on UK RRI
Co-hosted by Nottingham City Council and Nottingham Trent University the conference is free to attend and a buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Attendance is not limited to NUCLEUS field trip participants and we welcome registrations from other interested colleagues and partners. However places are limited to 40 so please confirm your attendance as soon as possible.