On June 2nd and June 3rd the biennale Danish conference on STS (DASTS16) was held at Aarhus, Denmark. The tagline for the conference was the “quintessential anti-determinist and anti-essentialist mantra of STS ‘It could have been different'”.
The conference included sessions on:
- Publics, politics and participation
- Introducing STS and social work
- Technologies of the self
- Dreams for the Future
- Exploring data driven governance assemblages
- Research practices and knowledge creation
- Anticipation, Scenario Planning & STS
- Future Making
In order to build some interest for our coming work I decided to present an introduction to the UnBias project as part of the Future Making session.