We would like to invite you to a day workshop to discuss the current state of RRI in the UK, and where the research field might head next. We are looking to develop a strategy/roadmap, which enables all UK academics working in this field to feel that there is a way forward. Therefore, we envisage that this will be an open and interactive discussion, that will allow participants to co-design the agenda and therefore the outcomes.
University College London (UCL)
Who Should Attend?
- People doing research directly on and with RRI
- Researchers interested in topics connected to RRI
- Research funders and policy makers who recognise the significance of RRI
Why you should attend
- Contribute to the building of an RRI community in the UK
- Contribute to the discussion over the future of RRI funding in the UK
- Shape the future strategy for research policy in RRI
- Develop strategies to embed the UK RRI community within the wider global context
Therefore, in this workshop we ask you to join us with the aim to discuss 2 fundamental questions:
- Where next for RRI research and funding, post-Brexit and the proposed exit from the European frameworks?
- What, as a network of RRI interested organisations in the UK, can we do together to shape the RRI landscape, in particular over the next 2 to 5 years?
09.30-10.00 Registration & coffee
10.15-11.15 Keynote: The relevance of Brexit to RRI in the UK and beyond – Richard Owen, University of Exeter
11:15-13:00 Breakout groups: Causes and consequences of Brexit
13.00-14.00 Buffet lunch
14.00-15.30 Open Space session: ideas for future action
15.45-16.00 Plenary & way forward
This event is jointly organised by the STS Department of UCL and the Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility of De Montfort University. It is supported by the RRI-Tools and Responsible-Industry projects.